Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Your Privacy and Comments to Posts

Dear students in my class:

This blog is publicly available. I'm doing it that way rather than have something which requires a login because it is an experiment that I'd like others in the College to consider and making it public is the easiest way to get them to do that. And because I don't want to require you to get a Gmail account and further don't want to deal with the hassle of making you a member of the blog, I'm leaving the comments open to anyone, whether in the class or not. It's easier that way.

If you'd like to comment on one of the posts, please do so as follows.

(a) If you have Gmail and don't mind identifying yourself to the rest of the world, please do so.

(b) If you'd like to protect your identity more, can you sign your comment via first and last initial, or just first name, if that is sufficient to identify you within the class, or first name and last initial.

With this I hope to achieve the right balance between making it friendly between us and respecting your privacy.

L.A.

No comments: